Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Clock Watching!!


Why do we always have to run our lives around the TIME??? How does that saying go??? "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man happy, wealthy and wise" - now who on earth made that up??? Obviously somebody who didn't lead a busy life - is being busy a bad thing??? I think it can be if it robs you of spending quality time with loved ones and quality time with the Lord!! I can kick myself sometimes if the only time I have for our dear Lord each day is in the car on the way to work...

The day just runs away with one - I get up normally around about 4:15am - shower, get ready, make coffee, lunch for the day, iron my clothes for work (which I should actually do the night before), make lunch and wizz off at 5:45am to beat the traffic. I get to work at about 6:20am - download emails, make more coffee (note to self - "cut down on the coffee"), go through work calender, do reports, go to meetings, rush, rush, rush - drive home - more rushing to the shops to get something for supper or just bread and milk. Get home, try and make a creative dinner - put a load of washing in, tidy up, eat dinner, tidy kitchen, shower, possibly have time to make one or two personal telephone calls - the next minute it is 9pm - WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE??? I can't believe that it is nearly September already - Ok so I am looking forward to the beginning of Spring but before we know it December is upon us and another new year begins.

I trust that during your day today you will have enough time to slow down - take a good look around you, take a deep breath and just remember that every day is as important as the next - we will never get another day like this day - make the most of each day and the opportunities that arise - tell your loved ones you LOVE them, wake up earlier to see the sunrise, let your hair down for five minutes - my favourite saying is "laughter is the best medicine" and you know what it truly is - 'cause when I have had a good old chuckle I just feel that much better... Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Denise Kiggan said...

Hope today is full of laughs! Lovely to hear about the wedding too!